We’d like to present our latest infographic, based on the latest Developer Economics report – themed around developer tools. This infographic presents some of the key findings from the published report (which is available for download here).
- 72% of developers use Android, 56% use iOS – HTML is the third most popular choice among mobile developers, 50% of whom use the HTML-based set of technologies as a deployment or development platform
- 67% of developers are below the “app poverty line” of $500 per app per month – BlackBerry and Windows Phone lagging behind in terms of monetisation, but leading platforms also have issues. 61% of iOS and 68% of Android developers are below the poverty line
- 74% of developers use two or more platforms concurrently – Multi-platform offers much better monetisation potential, as developers who use more than one platform have higher revenues than those who just use one
- Advertising is the most popular revenue model, used by 38% of developers – but subscriptions pay more
- Ad services are reaching mass adoption for developers – 34% are using at least one ad-service tool – 90% of developers use at least one third-party tool or service, with an average of 1.47 tools used concurrently
Want to be part of the next Developer Economics? Our online survey is still live (closes May 6 2013) – have your say and claim one of our great prizes!
(like our infographic? feel free to embed it – see codes below the post)