VisionMobile is the leading research company in the app economy and mobile business models. Our research and workshops help clients compete and win in their rapidly changing industries.
Distilling market noise into market sense
VisionMobile is the leading research company tracking the apps economy and mobile business models. As a London-based startup, we have gone from strength to strength in building Developer Economics as the de facto research series on the apps economy, with our research and business model workshops sought by brand-name clients from AT&T to Sony.
We’re now looking for a Data Analyst to join VisionMobile, as part of our research team, based in Athens.
Who we’re looking for
As a Data Analyst, you will have 2-4 years working experience in number crunching and online research. You will be fearless in data crunching and keen to show-off your pivots and scorecards with eye-candy that begs to differ from boring Excel charts.
You will have undertaken many research projects where your scouting skills and attention to detail would impress. You might not have worked in software or mobile industries before, but you have a passion for software, apps or smartphones and wanting to figure out how the apps economy works and keep one step ahead of the trends.
If you’re that person, we ‘d love to talk.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Data Analyst you’ll be reporting to our Data and Operations Manager, with responsibility for:
- Data and number crunching mostly in Excel but also in statistical and visualization software, for complex projects, from population sizing to app developer segmentation.
- Researching companies, market sectors and interviewing companies to produce blogs or short reports as part of our Developer Economics research.
- Interact with clients and partners to see research projects to completion
What skills we are looking for:
- Fearless in data and number crunching in Excel and ideally also in statistical or data visualisation software (such as SPSS, PASW modeller, Tableau and MarketSight). No problem is too hard to solve.
- Background in statistics or applied economics
- Experienced in researching information online and distilling information noise into a short, concise report
- Passion for software, apps or smartphones and keen to become a part of that industry
- Ideally having software development experience as a hobby or past work.
- Comfortable working as part of a distributed team across three countries.
- Keen to work in an entrepreneurial environment and push the company to grow.
- Having studied or worked in a foreign country
- Fluent in English
- Ideally with a public voice (e.g. Twitter)
If you have a passion for research and software we’d love to meet you.
How to apply:
Apply with a short powerpoint presentation or video introducing yourself and why you want to work for VisionMobile here (no agencies please).