Data Visualisations Developer
We’re looking for a project-based Visualisation Developer, who will create visual presentations of data and will incorporate them in the VisionMobile website.
Job Description – Responsibilities
- The developer will need to work closely with the team of analysts in order to develop and polish the needed visualisations. The analysts will be providing the data to be reported.
- Given a data set, the successful candidate should be able to propose relevant visualisations, which can capture the ‘story behind the numbers’ in an easy to understand, self-explanatory picture.
- The resulting visualisations will be used both in printed and web reports. The web versions should be interactive, allowing users to see more info if desired in various ways, as appropriate per graph.
- Apart from proven development skills, the successful candidate must have an understanding of data summarizing & presentation methods and ideally previous experience on data visualisation.
- The candidate should be ‘the visual type’ (i.e. being able to effectively communicate a fact through a picture), having creativity, innovation and the ability to communicate his work to a non-developer audience
- Proven experience in visual design, ideally with interactive design experience
- Past experience in visualising data
You will be working on different projects, as they arise. You will be able to work remotely.
If this sounds interesting, send a short CV to jobs at visionmobile. Tell us a bit about yourself, why this project sounds interesting, and examples of your work.