Cross-Platform Developer Tools 2012 is the seminal report on the landscape of 100+ cross-platform developer tools with an analysis of key vendors and the metrics of developer experience.
Cross-Platform Tools 2012 is the first major report that analyses the complex cross-platform tools landscape, presents the key tools vendors and maps out the trends in one of the hottest markets in mobile. This report, which is supported by webinos, presents developer perceptions about a wide range of key issues, from incentives and deterrents to cross-platform tool use to the most-wanted tool features. Our research profiles 15 well-known cross-platform vendors and tools with regard to their technology, positioning and market traction.
Features in-depth profiles on Adobe (PhoneGap), Adobe (Air / Flex), Ansca Mobile (Corona), Appcelerator (Titanium), Seregon (DragonRad), IBM (Worklight), Ideaworks 3D Ltd (Marmalade), MoSync, Motorola Solutions (RhoMobile), Netbiscuits, RunRev (LiveCode), Qt (Nokia), Sencha, Unity, Xamarin (MonoTouch and Mono for Android)
This report includes:
- Mindshare of cross-platform tools – which are being adopted or abandoned?
- Breakdown of cross-platform technologies, languages and target platforms
- Market trends – how do cross-platform tools affect the industry?
- Developer perceptions – incentives and deterrents to tool use
- Competitive scoring – how do the top tools rank in terms of developer experience?
- Analysis of 15 major cross-platform tool vendors, with in-depth profiles
Also see the Cross-Platform Tools analysis in our blog