Developer Economics is the leading research program on mobile developers and the app economy, tracking developer experiences across platforms, revenues and revenue models, apps, dev tools, APIs, segments and regions.
The 8th edition State of the Nation report features all the latest trends in mobile and IoT development, including platform and language prioritisation, revenues and revenue models, tool adoption and more. It also examines the rise of Swift, the most popular IoT markets, enterprise vs. consumer apps, as well as presenting the most important sources for developer monetisation.
- Stalemate in the platform wars? – Global vs. regional developer Mindshare
- The rise of Swift – Most popular programming languages, breakdown of Swift developers
- App economy revenues are polarising – Developer revenues by platform, region
- Developing the Internet of Things – Most popular IoT markets, devs interested in IoT
- Not all tools are created equal – Total tool adoption, breakdown by platform, user analytics
- Enterprise vs. consumer – Top app categories and platforms, revenue breakdown
- Platforms appeal to different motivations – Developer segments by platform
- The app economy in 2015 – E-commerce vs. app store, advertising, contract revenues