Developer Economics is the leading research program on mobile developers and the app economy, tracking developer experiences across platforms, revenues, apps, tools, APIs, segments and regions.
Based on a survey of 10,000+ app developers, the 7th edition Developer Economics: State of the Developer Nation Q3 2014 research report investigates the latest trends and discusses platform consolidation, languages, consumer vs. enterprise revenues, as well as developer tools and segments.
- Platform wars go local – Global vs. regional Mindshare
- Language ranking – Most popular vs. most actively used programming languages
- Language lock-in – Language mix for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry
- App monetization – App revenues globally, Android vs. iOS, app revenue split
- Consumer vs. enterprise – Revenues for developers targeting consumers vs. enterprises
- Game developers – Revenues for mobile game devs, top platforms and tools
- Developer tools – Revenues of devs using tools, top tool categories
- Developer segments – Characteristics, sizes and revenues for all 8 developer segments