This research report introduces a new way of measuring the openness of open source projects.
The Open Governance Index measures the true openness of eight open source projects – Android, Qt, Symbian, MeeGo, Mozilla, WebKit, Linux and Eclipse – and analyses how governance, and not licenses, tell the full story of a project’s openness, across transparency, influence and control.
Authored and published by VisionMobile
Part funded by webinos under the EU FP7 ICT program
The full, 45-page report examines:
- Open source cultural roots and working upstream vs downstream
- Open source licenses vs governance models
- Analysis and classification of governance models
- In-depth reviews of Android, Qt, Symbian, MeeGo, Mozilla, WebKit, Linux and Eclipse
- Best practices in creating an open source project